RSS Feed

Level 5 and 6 Drama Unit

July 30, 2016 by kmelitsis   

Level 5 and 6 students have been learning about Drama this term. We have worked collaboratively in drama groups to create an original/pre-written script that will be performed at the end of the term.

We have created anchor charts and discussed what we think is important in a drama performance. Some of the points include: tone, movement, incorporating appropriate characteristics in our performance and keeping the audience engaged.

Students have a great deal of voice and choice in this unit – they can choose their characters, plot and how they present their final performance to the class. Students can incorporate their strengths into the performance and are encouraged to support all members of their group.

We reflect on our progress at the end of each lesson and give each other feedback on how we can continue to improve our performances each week.

For Level 5 and 6 students – here is the assessment rubric for this unit to refer to each week: Level 5 and 6 Drama Unit. Students/groups are also encouraged to send regular feedback, questions and comments through Showbie to document new ideas.

I have been really impressed with the original ideas from groups and their ability to refine their ideas through listening to constructive feedback. Looking forward to seeing the final performances!

Mrs. Melitsis

2 Comments »

1. Pat says:

The song was really intense. But I liked how there was no singing, I don’t really like singing so it was good.

2. Blake M says:

I reckon that the music makes it a little bit dramatic with the pictures on the screen and it just shows how the Olympics is hard