RSS Feed

Whole School Mini Olympics

August 21, 2016 by kmelitsis   

Last Thursday, we had our Rangeview whole school mini Olympics. Each class chose a country to dress up and represent. We enjoyed our day which began with our Opening Ceremony – each class paraded in their country colours to their National Anthems. We had a performance by the school band. 4L(NZ) performed the Hakka and 4O(Greece) performed the Zorba Dance. The band also performed two songs ‘Tequila'(Latin) and ‘Red Earth Dances'(African).

After recess, we enjoyed our multi-aged group rotations where we took part in different activities such as fencing with newspaper, table tennis, hammer throwing, equestrian(with people!) and relay races. It was great to see everyone working as a team and getting involved in the activities.

The closing ceremony began with a song by the Junior Choir called ‘Sports Carnival Song’ followed by a combined Junior Choir and Senior Choir song ‘I Still Call Australia Home’. Senior Choir then performed ‘Eye of the Tiger’. To finish the ceremony, we then had the rock band perform ‘Smells like ‘TWEEN’ Spirit’. Well done to all the students that performed and assisted in the running of this fantastic day.

Level 5 and 6 students – Please share some of your comments and feedback on the day. What did you enjoy about the day? What was memorable for you? Did you perform? 

DSCF4747 DSCF4737 DSCF4735 DSCF4742

38 Comments »

1. Matt5w101 says:

I liked the background music

2. Jacob says:

Just to say I guess the song was good ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3. Kaylee says:

Rio School Mini Olympics
    I liked the video becuase it was interesting!

4. Nelson 5w says:

I think the song should have more words in it and have every country sing it. I think the mini olimpics should be competitive

5. kmelitsis says:

Hi everyone, pop your comments here!

6. Anonymous says:

I think there is not a lot of vocals and it is mostly music

7. Jake Ferris says:

The Olympics day was very fun. It had lots of good activities. it was fun in general.

8. Sam says:

Hello,
    I think it wasn’t the song wasn’t that popular because it doesn’t really have any words and it is just electronic sounds. (Which I am not saying the song is bad I just don’t think it is popular because it doesn’t have any words).
    Sam

9. Kate 5W says:

I think that the song isn’t popular because it doesn’t really have much to do with the Olympics and there isn’t much singing.I also think that the singing isn’t very clear.

10. Lilly says:

Hey,
    The Olympic song is really cool. The singing was very good

11. From Brooke.T says:

Hi,
    I think the Olympic song is inspiring because it shows stuff about the Olympics especially things that don’t go to plan.

12. kmelitsis says:

hi I think…

13. Ryan.withers says:

Hi
    I think the music has a great beat
    and it is repetitive.

14. Eva says:

Hi Mrs Melitsis! I really enjoyed the Olympics unit and day because we were at school and it was a whole day of fun. The song is repetitive and it’s ok. It could be better by having limited words. The clips were hilarious! Love Eva

15. Fletcher and Poppy 5M says:

Hi Mrs.Melitsis,
    Fletcher and Poppy Here. Me and fletcher really enjoyed the performances at the mini olympics. we loved the awesome games we played at recess. Also, Fletcher didn’t perform but I performed in all 3 of the performances. we liked the opening ceremony as well and we learnt many things about the different countries. we liked being India and really enjoyed waving the flags and bringing our big class flag up. We think that the Olympics is great and we would love to do it some day. we also liked our mini olympics.
    It was a great day, From,
    Poppy and Fletcher

16. Lamisse says:

I think the song is very relevant to the vidio, because it shows them how hard they’re training and working to stay in the Olympics! Practise, Work Hard, Achieve! All the photos were in the right timing with the song as well.

17. Josh says:

I think that the music with the song really goes with it.

18. Ethan 5M says:

I really liked the table tennis and golf because in golf I sucked but in table tennis I smashed poppy and won every game.
    Also I liked the parade because I like listening to the facts about each country!

19. Jason says:

Wow, I’m amazed. The song was pretty good I guess. 🙂 I liked the pictures that went with it. I think the mini olympics should have a song that should go with it too. It would be great. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

20. Rohan says:

The Olympic song is really good but that fencing scene was bad. I think that bolt should still compete but he has a good life in the olympics. Good job bolt!!! (•>•)

• Tom says:

Yeah Rohan that fencing scene was not very nice. Bolt is a great runner but he is old now so he must stop, but at least now other countries are going to get gold in running instead of just the same person every time.
      From Tom.

21. Joshua 5m says:

I thought the song was okay but it would of been better if there was some more singing involved because it’s mainly just a beat.

22. Anonymous says:

I really enjoyed the mini Olympics I preformed in the senior choir and band. My favourite part of the day was playing Tequila because everyone joined in with the band and it was really cool.

23. Lachie 5M says:

Hi I think that the music video is good and really good quality and shows all the good times in the olympics and also a few funny moments and I think that the music was good and sounded nice but not catchy but it is still a great song 😀 I also liked the drop in the music I also like how interesting it was as well as the whispers in it and also I really liked the use of electronics I think that they really made the music stand out because of all of the sounds that you can only make with electronics 🙂 bye.

24. Phoebe 5M says:

I think that the Olympic song is ok but I don’t think I would listen to it much at all because I would of loved it to have words. The thing I enjoy is that it’s upbeat.

25. Emily K says:

I like the song and the pictures but the picures are sad some of them

26. Thomas 5M says:

Cool! The song was very interesting, though, I don’t really like songs that whisper words in the middle of it, otherwise, it’s……….I think it’s a great song to celebrate the 2016 olympics! •—•

27. Tom says:

Hi Mrs Melistis,
    I liked the song. The beat drop was very good. The video was pretty cool and I liked how they put the fails in to.
    From Tom

28. Kim says:

I think this song is really cool and the beat is cool with the pictures of Olympians doing their sports but when they fell and hurt themselves I felt that it would really hurt. I also felt proud of our Olympians because the music made it feel emotional.
    Kim

29. Jess says:

The song was good but I wish that it had more words. it had good pictures in all these different sports and when they showed the athletes falling and hurting them shelf I really felt there pain. I wouldn’t really listen to the song and nothing really apealed to me but over all it’s a good song.

30. Amber says:

I liked this cause the music suited the all the clips and it was very entertaining to watch. I also liked how there are successful Olympic clips but there are also fails

31. Thomas L says:

For the Mini Olympics I loved the opening ceremony because all of grades had a country and they gave mini facts about their country.

32. Debbie 5M says:

The song sounds pretty much good and the pictures have highlights and fails, but if the song is called My Nation, why couldn’t it be just happy things?

33. Anonymous says:

The music @ the mini olympics was great i liked the rock band performance (hardley normals!) strange name though

34. Naveen says:

I was impressed with the band and the choir on the mini Olympics day.

35. Beau says:

Fun song. Did you know that skateboarding is now an Olympic sport.

36. Anonymous says:

Fencing and equestrian in which I kept the stick

37. Qwertyguy04 says:

It was a great success and was well worth it